The Great Pumpkin Pageant
Decorate a pumpkin to look like your favorite book character!
- Pick out a pumpkin from a local seller to bring home.
- Get creative! Think of a book character or book cover to use as inspiration for your pumpkin!
- NO CARVED PUMPKINS–carved pumpkins and pumpkins with holes in them will rot very quickly in the library.
- You may use felt, paint, yarn, or any other type of supply you need. Use glue to add decorations.
- Drop off your pumpkin and your entry card at the library between Monday, Oct. 17th-Saturday, Oct. 22.
- Pumpkins will be judged via peoples choice Monday, October 24th thru Thursday, October 27th and winners will be announced on Friday, Oct. 28th. There will be one winner in each category.
- There are three age groups: 6-12, 13-17 and adult.
- Pumpkins will be disposed of on Saturday, October 29th. If interested in bringing your pumpkin home, please pick it up on Friday, Oct 28 or Saturday, Oct 29.
- Happy Decorating!
ENTRY CARD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO FILL OUT AT PUMPKIN DROP OFF. BELOW IS A SAMPLE:
Your first name__________________________
Age category you are entering: 6-12 _____ 13-17_____ 18+ _____
The name of your book character: _________________________________________________________
The title of the book that your character is from: _____________________________________________
Write a short paragraph telling about the character and the book and why you chose it: __________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________